You heard right!
Magnolia Events is hiring our next fantastic intern. Get all the details below and send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Serious applicants only!
Magnolia Events is a Charlotte, NC based event planning and design company looking for an intern.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, reliable, detail-orientated and committed intern who is interested in the event planning industry. You will work both at our home office and events during your internship. You will gain hands-on experience planning fun, fabulous weddings and events.
This position is an unpaid part-time internship, which means it is based on work available and based on the timing of various events and projects. Hours for this position are estimated at 20 hours per week. We are open to interns who need school credit-and our times and hours are flexible depending on availability. We are more than willing to fill out the necessary paperwork to ensure that you gain academic credit for your work with us.
Estimated start time would be February, 1 2015.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of organization
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Knowledge in Microsoft Project would be wonderful but not required
- Attention to detail and professionalism
- Knowledge of Business and Event Marketing including social media and blogging
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at many levels
- Enjoys working in fast paced and fun environments
- Work weekends
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation to events and meetings is required
- Reliable access to a portable computer or laptop is required
- The internship will include day-to-day tasks involved with running a successful business and behind-the-scenes experience of planning and organizing events
- Responsibilities include planning and implementing events, on-site management, directly communicating with vendors and clients
- Research latest industry trends and news
- Participate in planning meetings and identifying next steps to multiple projects
- Assist in developing and updating various marketing and administrative items such as promotional materials, newsletters, production schedules, websites, social media avenues, etc.
- Assist in the effective follow-up with customers and potential customers
- Participate in working various weddings and events
- Assist in general administrative tasks
How to Apply:
To apply for the internship, please email your resume AND cover letter to Ashley Chicklo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should describe why you would be an asset to Magnolia Events.